Sunday, March 14, 2010

New Blogger Layouts, You Save My Life

Ohmygosh you guys.

Look at my blog.

It's not totally there yet, but I didn't even have to spend hours doing this all myself! Blogger did it for me!

For those of you who use blogger, have you played around with the new Blogger in draft feature yet? You can customize mostly everything, from giving your blog three columns to changing its width to giving it background images! It's great times.

I'm really happy with what I've done so far. One thing I would really love is for my header to look the way my body posts do--with a plain white background and bordered so that it's easier to read my title, rather than straining to read it against the cute print. Does anyone know how to do this? I know to add the border I just put a "border: 2px solid;" tag in my html, but I tried to put "background color: #FFFFFF;" and it didn't seem to like that.

I have some great posts waiting for all of you, including why I'm mad at Ellen (I knowww! I'm horrified too) and how I spent a night in the ER with my boyfriend, both of which happened last week, but his parents were visiting us all weekend and I've been hitting the gym like mad (Saturdays and Sundays are my "1000 calorie days") (Yes, I've gone nuts) so stay tuned for those.

Before we get there, does anyone know how to fix my header problem? Play with these layouts yourself--they look so professional and are so easy and customizable!

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! Can't wait to hear about this ER incident...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, wait, we can change up our layouts using Blogger in Draft and not have to use the god-awful ones they have designed for us? I just use layout sites but would love to create my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes yes yes!

    http://bloggerindraft.blogspot.com/

    That has all the instructions. You use blogger in draft in a separate window/tab, and click "apply to blog" and then open your blog in a new tab. It's just like using the existing blogger customizations except there's millions of new options and background images and colors. Have fun, can't wait to see what you come up with!

    And Melissa....yikes indeed....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little teaser blogs. Now I'm all hooked and I can't wait to read about what happened at the ER.

    ReplyDelete