Monday, March 8, 2010

Something I Will Never Get Over

This Humane Society video has been coming on every day at the gym during Ellen's slot for the last few weeks...and without fail, I have cried every single time I have seen it. Can we picture that for a second, please? Me, working my cute little butt off on the elliptical, headphones plugged in, tears streaming down my face while staring at the TV?

As a lot of you already know, I am a huge proponent of animal rights. If I really think about it, all I want to do with my life is say, forget grad school and the publishing industry-- if there's one thing I would be happiest doing in the world, it's running an animal adoption agency that would take in unwanted or uncared for animals and working to re-situate them in loving homes.

Granted, it's not that hard to get me to cry, but I don't know if many of you could watch this without doing so, so just prepare yourself for it.



If anyone has rescued a shelter pet, GREAT for you! The world needs more people like you. I'd love to know what kind of animal you rescued and what your experience has been! If you haven't, it's never too late--and can anyone really object to having another animal around? They are the most constant companion imaginable--which is why it breaks my heart that they have to suffer in silence.

1 comment:

  1. emma louise is a rescue dog, we got her from the humane society in birmingham, al and she is the sweetest, smartest, cuddliest dog in the world. we will always rescue our pets. our theory is that the purebred ones will be bought/adopted but the ones that are in the shelter have less of a chance. I wouldn't have done anything different.

    hope that helps!

    xo,
    KA

    ReplyDelete