Friday, July 2, 2010

Could It Get More Exciting?

Fourth of July has always been my third favorite holiday, after Christmas and my birthday, which of course is, in fact, a holiday. Some of my favorite things in the world happen on the Fourth: picnics, shorts-and-sweatshirts weather (I love wearing them together on a blanket on the grass at night), hot dogs, fireworks. And it's one of those rare holidays that only gets better as the day goes on, unlike, say, Christmas or Thanksgiving, which get tired and sleepy as the evening approaches.

Sunday will certainly be a fantastic day. L. and I are probably going to get together with some friends and have a cookout by the river, go swimming, go to a baseball game and watch fireworks.

But in a rare turn of events, my weekend, pre-Fourth, might be more exciting than my Fourth! The same group of us who met and hung out with Justin Long last weekend are going to one of our favorite restaurants tonight, the Forge, for their amazing wings and hundreds of varieties of beer. And when we invited Justin along, he actually said he'd love to come! So we're not getting our hopes up, but we're super excited that we might have a fun addition to our Friday happy hour.

What are you guys up to for the Fourth? Anyone doing anything out of the ordinary (i.e. NOT eating hot dogs and hamburgers and watching fireworks?)

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned! Please tell Justin Long he's the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely blog!

    If you get the time, I'd be very happy if you checked out my blog - I think you will really like it :))
    I hope you have a wonderful day and I can't wait to hear from you! :))
    <3

    ReplyDelete