Friday, July 15, 2011

don antonio's


One of the first orders of business upon moving to LA was to find some great Mexican food, which is my absolute favorite. Surprisingly, the best Mexican food I've ever had was in New Hampshire (go figure!), but I knew there had to be somewhere in LA that was on par!

L. and I have already been to
Don Antonio's twice. The food is just as good as my favorite restaurant in New Hampshire--or as any Mexican food I've ever eaten--but get this: their huge, cheesy, fill-up-an-entire-plate, I-can-only-finish-half burritos? $5.95. Seriously. And taco truck this is not...it's a really pleasant dining experience. And for two people on a budget, like L. and I are, it just doesn't get much better than that!

Heidi and Spencer frequent Don Antonio's (or used to) (and, I know...), but we haven't seen them in the few times that we've been there. I think they sit in the special "cave" room, which I haven't figured out how to gain access to...yet. Maybe next time...because my mouth is watering just thinking about it!


Hope everyone has a great weekend! L. and I are trying to avoid being the car as much as possible because of Carmageddon, but we are driving over to Santa Monica tonight to see Harry Potter!

5 comments:

  1. I love finding new favorite restaurants. This post really makes me want a margarita and some chips and dip though, darn you!

    I think if I went to a restaurant and Heidi and Spencer showed up, I'd probably leave. Just saying. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have to tell me what your favorite mexican place in NH was. maybe i've been to it?! if not i must go to it!
    that place in LA looks fun though, yum! hope you guys survived carmaggedon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @DG: I could seriously live on margaritas and chips and dip. I wish I could have a permanent guac iv!

    @Kinsey: La Carreta! Have you been? Oh my gosh, the traffic was the lightest I've ever seen it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lack of good Mexican food joints in Tampa makes me sad. : (

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone! I write this article to appreciate the good work of DR OGALA that helped me recently to bring back my wife that left me for another man for the past 6 months. After seeing a comment of a woman on the internet testifying of how she was helped by DR OGALA. I also decided to contact him for help because all I wanted was for me to get my wife, happiness and to make sure that my child grows up with his mother. Am happy today that he helped me and I can proudly say that my wife is now with me again and she is now in love with me like never before. Are you in need of any help in your relationship like getting back your man, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend?  Viewers reading my post that needs the help of DR OGALA should contact him via E-mail: ogalasolutiontemple@gmail.com You  can also call or contact him via WhatsApp +2349123794867

    ReplyDelete