Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hectic, Hectic, Hectic

Well. To say that my life has been a madhouse for the last few days would be an understatement. Thursday night, L. and our friend Andrew flew into NH, and Friday we had the perfect New Hampshire day. Saturday we packed up the cars and drove back to Williams, and I spent the weekend moving in. Classes officially start tomorrow, but tonight I have a couple organizational meetings, and today is also my first day back to work at the museum. There's lots of fun things to write about, but since I'm strapped for time and want to distract you, Melissa from Duoly Noted tagged me in her 8 Questions post, so I'm going to take this time to answer those. More substantial/less fluff-filled posts on the way soon!

1. If you could have an unlimited shoe budget or purse budget which one would you pick?

Oh, this is easy. Though I don't really consider myself much of a shoe girl or a bag girl (as you all read, I only just bought my first "real" bag last week!), I think definitely shoes. I use one bag and only one bag until it is literally usable-no-more. At least different types of activities actually require different types of shoes.

2. If you could change lives with one person for a day who would it be?

I would really love to see what a day in the life of Ree Drummond, aka the Pioneer Woman, is really like. Her lifestyle is diametrically opposed to mine, and while that alone would make it a super fun experience for a day, I really want to see if her life is as perfect as it seems.

3. What is the one place you haven't been that you want to visit before you die?

Aside from England, I've never been to Europe. (!) I don't think my answer to this question can be as broad as "Europe," but I'd love to go to Italy or Spain. Or Greece. Or France. Or Russia. ...

4. What is your most unrealistic fear?

Pretty much every single fear I have is unrealistic, but I have them in excessive, panic-attack inducing quantities. I'm terrified of spiders, flying, the dark, mirrors facing me when I sleep, and probably tons more. Out of those, it's either spiders or flying that are the worst. Both make me burst into tears and shake when I'm in the proximity of either.

5. If you could compete in one Olympic sport, which one would you pick?

Slalom. It looks SO FUN.

6. What was the last book you read and did you like it?

The last book I completed was A Reliable Wife, and it was probably the best book I've read for pleasure in a really long time. It's totally Wuthering Heights-esque, and since that's one of my favorite books of all time, I was sold from the beginning. Read it! You'll see.

7. What song best describes how you are feeling this moment?

I think the song that will best describe how I'm feeling for basically the next nine months is "A Jagged Gorgeous Winter" by The Main Drag. It's basically about change, both seasonally, as winter comes and changes the way people see/think about things, but also about running out of time, and the potential end of possibility. I know the lines "Huddling against the walls/Shrinking college trends/With the days living faster now/We cast our make pretends" is going to make me lose it more than once as senior year goes on.

8. Who is your rolemodel?

This is a tough one. I'm not sure that there's any one person that has every quality I admire, but I like to think all the people who are important to me have some essential quality that I respect or aspire to have. L. is the most generous person I've ever known, right up there with my mum. C. is incredibly focused and dedicated. My dad always takes time out of his day to help me with anything I ask him, even if it's as silly as killing a spider, or as time-consuming as taking my car to get fixed.

I think I'm supposed to pose 8 questions and tag people now, but I'll just pose the questions, and anyone who wants to participate is tagged!

1. What is one food you cannot/will never eat?
2. You can only ever have five dogs or five babies. If you have five dogs, you don't get any babies. If you have five babies, you don't get any dogs. Which do you choose?
3. If money and location weren't issues, what is the job you would do anything to have?
4. Do you wish you had majored in something different in college?
5. What's your go-to site of choice to waste time? (Mine's Sporcle.)
6. If you could only ever again watch ESPN or Lifetime on tv, and those were your only two channels, which would you choose? Or would you give up tv altogether? (Watching Lifetime for the rest of my life would probably be enough to make me give up tv!)
7. Have you ever/would you ever consider being a vegetarian? What about a vegan?
8. What's one, if any, allergy you have that interrupts the way you would otherwise want live your life? (You can't eat chocolate when you want, you can't enjoy Spring days due to ragweed, etc.)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm answering these on here since my blog is busy with wedding recaps and such. I've missed you! Yayyy for senior year. I am terrified of spiders too, bleck.

    1. What is one food you cannot/will never eat? I'm not that picky but I do get sick from some foods. Lamb is pretty high up on the list of foods that makes me sick if I eat it.

    2. You can only ever have five dogs or five babies. If you have five dogs, you don't get any babies. If you have five babies, you don't get any dogs. Which do you choose?
    Um...if it has to be 5 then dogs. I want 2 babies, so can't I have 3 dogs? ;-) I really want kids but 5 is ridiculous.

    3. If money and location weren't issues, what is the job you would do anything to have?
    work with dolphins or tigers or some other awesome animal, and maybe educate kids in the process. OH, and it'd be on my schedule so I'd always have weekends off. ;-)

    4. Do you wish you had majored in something different in college?
    All the time-wish I'd majored in early childhood education rather than Zoology. Or wish I'd used my major after college.

    5. What's your go-to site of choice to waste time? (Mine's Sporcle.)
    My blogs and everyone on my blog list! Or facebook.

    6. If you could only ever again watch ESPN or Lifetime on tv, and those were your only two channels, which would you choose? Or would you give up tv altogether? (Watching Lifetime for the rest of my life would probably be enough to make me give up tv!)
    I'd give up TV. I gave it up for like 7-8 months and it was great. Got so much reading done.

    7. Have you ever/would you ever consider being a vegetarian? What about a vegan?
    I went veggie for awhile when I was sick. I'd never go vegan. I loves me cheese.

    8. What's one, if any, allergy you have that interrupts the way you would otherwise want live your life? (You can't eat chocolate when you want, you can't enjoy Spring days due to ragweed, etc.)
    I'm really allergic to my dog which sucks because I can't cuddle him sometimes. I have to bathe him once a week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, good answers, girl! I'm SO glad you're back! If you can find time to blog after getting MARRIED then there's no excuse for me, simply after moving into college! HA!

    ReplyDelete