Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Day-Brightener

Yesterday at work I received an embarrassing (pleasantly) display of beautiful flowers in a cute little basket from a certain someone whose name begins with L. (It's funny, because even though that phraseology is cliche, you really only know that his name begins with L.). I've never received flowers at work before. It's a feat of which my mum can boast many times over--my father sends her roses for her birthday and their anniversary each year, and since her desk is smack dab in the middle of the office she always has stories of people fawning over her desk and gushing over the flowers. It's really such a simple gesture, but it meant the world to me and brightened my entire week. I wanted to share them since they were so beautiful, I'm pretty sure they are the same as the picture. (I need to get a digital camera!) I immediately sent him something back that I hope will brighten his week--sort of the male equivalent of flowers, but I won't say what yet since he'll likely read this before he gets it.

Cheers for day-brighteners!

[Image from FTD Florists]

No comments:

Post a Comment