Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Makes No Sense

I begrudgingly got my lazy bottom out of bed this morning about a half hour before my 11am class--a class I absolutely cannot stand, moreover, and started walking over at about 11:05.

Holy fuck, was there a lot of snow outside.

My wet hair instantly froze and began beating me mercilessly in the face. I trekked across the tundra and avoided getting hit by the 2325 snowplows on Route 2.

--Distraction: boyfriend just walked in holding my former life (I was an editor) and recent disillusionment, our college paper, and announced "Whose d do you have to suck to get into the paper around here!" Needless to say, it got my attention. (Our writers have a nasty little habit of reviewing theater shows but leaving about 3/4 of the cast out, concentrating on only a few and suspiciously the same people every time, making me wonder if there aren't some people sucking some d's around here after all.) This has happened to L. twice so needless to say, ANNOYING. Vicariously.

I digress. I GET TO MY CLASS AND THERE'S NO ONE THERE.

There's a sign on the door that says, "Class canceled. Be careful out there."

Okay, first of all, I appreciate the cautionary sentiment. But I am SO CONFUSED.

If my professor was here to put a note on the door, wouldn't we have class? If she wasn't here to put a note on the door, who did, and why was it in her handwriting? If she put the note on the door late last night, when it started snowing, in anticipation her not being able to make her commute today, what if it hadn't snown (yes, snown) and then she wanted to have class but some little jerk had already seen the sign and broadcast it to everyone?

Or, the biggest question:

WHY DIDN'T SHE JUST SEND AN EMAIL SO I COULD HAVE STAYED IN MY BED, MADE SOME CHRISTMAS TEA, AND AVOIDED FROZEN-HAIR?

Speaking of that, is it worth going out in the 6+ inches of snow and "ice pellets" to obtain more Christmas Tea from the food store?

I think yes.

1 comment: