Monday, December 28, 2009

NYC First-Timer

L. has pointed out that I have been negligent on the blog as of late, and for that I apologize.

But the brothers are in town and things get pretty wild when that happens, and ALSO today we went snowboarding and I feel like jell-o. We also played a lot of Wii. And if you're like me aka only do elliptical at the gym aka never lift weights ever and have no upper body strength, that makes you SORE.

C. and I are taking an impromptu trip to New York City on Wednesday! I'm driving to Connecticut tomorrow to stay with her and then we're leaving on the train early Wednesday. Now, I have something pretty outrageous to admit. Are you ready for it?

I have never been to New York City.

I know! I just have never had an opportunity. So congratulations, C. Though there have been many who have wanted to be the one to do it, you will be the first and only to rid me of my NYC purity. S'a big deal.

Now, my question to you: What should I do when I'm there??? I'd love your suggestions. All I know is that I definitely want to see Central Park and Times Square (of course). I had originally wanted to go to MacLaren's until L. and C. politely pointed out that it does not, in fact, exist. I also wanted to visit the Friends Apartment and go on the Sex and the City Bus Tour, but C. was not amused at the suggestion.

I AM SO EXCITED EXPECT PICTURES.

And hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas! More on mine to come.

PS: Ah! Look at it snowing in New York!!! (Love that widget!)

[Image]

3 comments:

  1. GO ON THE SEX AND THE CITY TOUR! It is so much fun and a great way to see the city. When I was living in NY my friends flew in and we did it and its FABULOUS and so much fun and takes you all over. DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is the second blog post I've read where someone mentions they're going to NYC! I'm so jealous! I've never been and I'm hoping, hoping, HOPING to go next December when I graduate.

    I have no suggestions since I've never been there, other than touristy things like the Statue of Liberty. Ha. :) Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will have a great time!! Of course you could spend a whole day at Central Park :) Maybe I am a huge dork but one of my favorite things about New York is Ellis Island. If you have any family that came through there (or if you didn't) I think you would really like it. It is only a half day thing and the same boat takes you there as the Statue of Liberty if that's something you're interested in.

    Try and go to a Broadway play if you can! There are ways to get cheap tickets if you buy them at some place, I really can't remember the details.... try googling it though because you can definitely get discount tickets and you will love it!

    I always thought it would be fun to go on Conan or something (well he's not there anymore, but one of those shows). Tickets for those are free-- just see if you can find them online.

    You should take the Staten Island Ferry... it's a commuter ferry so it's only a few bucks to ride and it's like a super cheap boat tour!!

    Have a great trip!!!! I will let you know if I think of anything else :)

    ReplyDelete